Makes 8 pops
1/2 cup honey *(I used orange blossom honey for its delicate scent and mild flavor but any other fruit flavored honey will do)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar *(I chose apple cider vinegar over white vinegar for its milder taste and for a bit of a fruity flavor)
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest *(to add a hint of citrus taste)
1 small bunch of fresh mint,washed
3 Persian cucumbers,shredded or thinly sliced
1 teaspoon rosewater
- In a heavy-bottom pot combine honey,sugar and water,place on medium heat,bring the water to a boil,stir until honey and sugar are dissolved,lower the heat,simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until it thickens a little bit.
- Add vinegar,lemon zest and mint leaves,stir and simmer for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove foams with a wooden spoon.Taste and adjust the flavors.
- Add a teaspoon of rosewater,remove from heat and let cool completely and then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Place a teaspoon of shredded cucumber and a couple of mint leaves in each mold.Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds.I used thisice pop mold.Insert the ice pop sticks and place in the freezer until firm about 3-4 hours.