Fesenjoon with Meatballs
- In a heavy skillet,heat walnuts over medium heat for about a minute or two.Stirring frequently.Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl,combine the ground meat,turmeric,baplaysalt and pepper.Shape into small meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot,saute onions until golden brown in 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.Add meatballs and fry until brown on all sides.
- Add the ground walnuts,cubed butternut squash and 2 cups of water.Bring to a boil,reduce heat dd pomegranate molasses,cover and simmer for 45 minutes.Stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar,saffron and a little more water if needed.BAPALY体育Cover with the lid slightly ajar and cook for another 30 minutes on low heat.Taste and adjust the seasoning.If you prefer a sweet fesenjoon add more sugar to make it sweeter,if you like it more sour add more of the pomegranate sauce to the stew.However,the taste should be a wonderfully well balanced mix between sweet and sour.
Here's the link for my other Fesenjoonrecipe.